Doesn’t sound much like a smoothie does it? My partner is a fruit hater. Unripe bananas and apples are about all I can get past her. She doesn’t like the mush of fruit and claims it’s just a texture thing. This is my attempt to get some fruit in her hidden in with the coffee and chocolate!
Vegan Chocolate Coffee Smoothie -serves 2
- 1 1/2 banana (already frozen or you will need to add ice)
- 1 cup blueberries (again – already frozen or you will need to add ice)
- 1/2 cup cold strong coffee (cold brewed coffee is best – here’s a cheap recipe that needs no new kitchen equipment)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups chocolate almond milk (I used unsweetened)
- 1 -2 squeezes of Trader Joe’s Organic Chocolate Syrup (to taste)
Add everything in a blender. Start on chop, then gradually up the speed. You may need to add more liquid if it’s too thick and ‘freezes up’.
You can use fruit that’s not frozen, but I like the thick texture that frozen fruit creates.
I love cold brewed coffee and if you find you do – get a Toddy Maker like I have. It’s super easy to use and you make a whole pound at t a time. If you won’t use it fast enough you can freeze the extra in ice cube trays and thaw them as you need them.