I’ve over extended myself this week, so we’ve been eating out a lot. So to make up for it, I have been eating soup for lunch everyday. So here’s another soup recipe.
This can be made in the slow cooker, but I did it stove top and it took less than 1 hour from start to finish. To make in the slow cooker, throw everything in the pot and cook for 8 – 10 hours. Adjust seasonings and add more water if needed before serving.
Vegan Chicken-less and Rice Soup
- 1 Tbl olive oil
- 1 15 oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups brown rice – pre-cooked (I used leftover rice I had)
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbl Better than Bouillon – chickenless flavor
- 1/2 tsp. liquid smoke
- a few dashes of Tabasco (garlic flavor if possible)
- 1 tsp herbs de Provence
- 1 Tbl Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. thyme
- pepper to taste
- at least 6 cups filtered water – add more to get the soup as ‘soupy’ as you want
In a large pot heat olive oil over medium heat and add onion when hot. Saute until onion is translucent, then add garlic and bell pepper and saute for a few minutes.
Add water and dissolve bouillon paste, then add all seasonings, rice, and drained beans. Add more water if you need to, and adjust seasonings to taste.
Because of the bouillon you shouldn’t need to add any additional salt. If you use no broth or a low sodium you may need to add some salt.