I can feel another soup kick coming on. In fact, I ate 2 large bowls of this one just last night. Who knew that something so low calorie could make me so full, and taste this good?
Easy Vegan Vegetable Soup – about 10 servings
- 1 Tbl. olive oil (or broth for sauteing)
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 parsnip, diced
- 2 – 3 cups cabbage, diced (I used 1/2 small head)
- 14 oz can Muir Glenn fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 heaping Tbl Better than Bouillon, vegetable flavor
- 6 -8 cups filtered water
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- dash or 2 of garlic Tabasco
- 1 tsp. marjoram
- 1 tsp. basil
- 2 tsp. Cajun spices
- black pepper to taste
Heat oil in soup pot, add onions and sautee until transparent over medium heat. Add garlic, bell pepper, carrot, and parsnip and saute a minute more.
Add water, bouillon, tomatoes, cabbage and then add all the seasonings. Cook over low heat until the cabbage and parsnip are tender, at least 30 minutes.
You could also make this in a slow cooker by throwing everything in and cooking for 8 – 10 hours. Adjust spices before serving, slow cooking always seems to need a seasoning boost at the end.