Last week I made some yummy stuff. This weekend was a dining out whirlwind that ended with leftovers for dinner on sunday. I still have more of the Sweet potato, white bean stew with greens and that’s what we’ll be eating tonight with a salad made of speckled lettuce that I got from the market. Its sign talked about it winning a slow food award, so I had to at least try it. It is beautiful!
This week I got less from the farmers market simply because I didn’t use everything up last week. I’m repeating some of the recipe links, but there are new ones in there as well.
Ingredients of the week and recipe ideas from some cool food blogs:
Baby beets with its greens:
- Glazed Baby Beets
- Shaved Baby Beets with Greens
- Baby Beets and Pistachio Crusted Goat Cheese on a Bed of Frisee with Pinot Noir Vinaigrette
- Baby Turnip and Sugar Snap Peas
- Vegetable Medley Stir-Fry, with Baby Turnips, Kohlrabi, Carrots and Onions – also uses garlic scapes
- Chickpea and Turnip Stew with Ethiopian Spices
- Multi-Colored Carrots & Bisque
- Oyster Heirloom Carrot Salad with Warm Oyster Vinaigrette – the orginal recipe calls for real oysters, but I am thinking of substituting oyster mushrooms and reserving some of the sautee liquid to use instead of oyster liqueur
- Carrot Top Soup Recipe – this looks very interesting. It would be nice to cook them instead of just composting the greens.
- Cauliflower Dal with Panch Phoran
- Cauliflower, Zucchini and Kalamata Olives over Cappellini Pasta
- Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- Cauliflower Steak
Kohlrabi – you have to love a veggie that looks like a ufo:
- Braised fennel and potatoes
- Fennel and White Bean Stew
- Sausage, fennel, goat cheese and apple ravioli with lemon cream sauce – I’m going to substitute veggie sausage of course!
- Beet Salad with Arugula and Goat Cheese
- Beet Sweet Potato Soup
- Orange-Roasted Beets and Shallots with Orange Gremolata
- Puy Lentil Salad with Roasted Beets – I think this is the winner for this week
Mushrooms (from Whole Foods):
- Morels – not sure any ideas? I only got a handful to try
- Shitake – miso soup or a stiry fry form all my left over veggies!
You too can participate in Menu Plan Monday, just go over to I’m an Organizing Junkie and add your menu to Mr. Linky.