The perfect summer dessert and easy too! I got the idea of making a mousse with silken tofu from 101 cookbooks’ Amaretto-spiked Chocolate Mousse Recipe. I changed it to fit my taste, I love chocolate with orange.
I found the amount of chocolate in her recipe to be a little rich for me. This time I used a whole dark chocolate bar that you would normally eat. Of course you can use any chocolate that you love!
Vegan Chocolate Orange Mousse - serves 4
- 1 box Mori-Nu, Tofu, silken extra firm
- 1 Dark Chocolate Bar sweetened (3.5 ounces or 100g) or about 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 Tbl. Maple Syrup – use more or less depending on how you would like it
- 2 Tbl. Grand Marnier, Triple Sec, or other orange liquor
- 1/4 t. vanilla
- optional 1/8 t. orange flavor or fresh grated orange rind
Break up chocolate in a double boiler (or non-stick pan, but you have to watch it closer) on low heat.
Put all other ingredients in the food processer and blend until creamy. You will need to stop and scrape the bowl a few times. This will insure that it will be smooth.
Once the chocolate is melted, add to the food processer and blend some more.
Put in a big bowl or individual serving glasses. Refrigerate for at lest 1 hour .
Serve and surprise your friends with the secret ingredient after they taste it.
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 170.6
- Total Fat: 8.0 g
- Cholesterol: 1.0 mg
- Sodium: 54.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 7.3 g